Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: A Year to Let Go

Imagine for a moment that you're in a rowboat a mile from shore when the boat springs a leak. The bottom is quickly filling with water, and the boat is about to sink. At this point you have three choices: You can stay with the boat and surely drown. You can jump out, abandon the boat, and swim for shore. Or, you can jump out and swim for shore dragging the boat along with you.
An excerpt taken from a book by Joe Caruso, which pretty much summarizes the year 2007 for me. A year of important decisions, changing perspectives, future planning and letting go of a lot of things.

To pick up where I left off before, here are some of the highlights for the remainder of this year.

July
August
September
October
November
December
It has been a really tough year for me, but I'm really thankful for all the blessings I have received this year. I'm also thankful to all my friends and colleagues, for making 2007 a fun and sensible year for me. Finally, to Jasmine, for being there for me all the time.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

I'm going to end this post with a continuation of the excerpt...
...Put in those words, the third choice sounds pretty ridiculous. But that's exactly what many of us do. We slog through life dragging along outworn ideas, false assumptions, and relationships that we've outgrown or worn thin, and all the while, we're exerting a lot of effort. If you can picture all that stuff as so much useless baggage, I bet you'll also be able to see that it's no more than dead weight that's keeping you from moving through life as effectively as you would if you just let it go. Your own dead weight may take many shapes and forms - including people and dead-end relationships. If you let go of it, your hands will be free to grab opportunity when it arises.

1 comment:

jeson walalang said...

looks interesting... pahiram ako ng book. :D