Monday, December 24, 2007

Paskuhan 2007: Sweet Spot

I went to UST last December 19 for the annual Paskuhan event. This year is a bit different for me because I got to do things that I've never done before. Thanks to my younger sister who's working for the Project Management Office, I was able to get to the highest part of the UST Main Building. :)

I was really excited to be up there. I was a bit shaky when I got to the top. I wasn't really sure if it was just excitement or fear of slipping and falling or dropping my camera. :S

It was such an unforgettable experience for me. Somehow, just being up there made me feel privileged and proud to be part of the Thomasian community. >:)

I took a couple of shots while I was up there. It was UST in a different perspective, literally. :P

===============>
Here's a shot of the Paskuhan crowd with the UST laser flashed in one spot. This laser was installed in the Main Building. It was rented specially for this event. There was another laser in front of the Main Building which displayed acknowledgments and credits.

<===============
Here's a shot of the evening sky in Manila, with a bunch of well-lit buildings.





===============>
Here's a closer look of the Benavides Park. Decorated with flashing blue lights and four giant gift boxes in different colors.





<===============
Like any other Paskuhan event, the highlight of the evening would be the fireworks display, where hundreds of thousands of pesos are instantly burned in the sky. Every student should witness this event because they paid for it. >:P




===============>
Here's the 2nd laser that I've mentioned. It initially displayed acknowledgments and credits. Later, they allowed students to put custom messages and greetings, for a price of course.

If you will look closer, the name flashed in the facade is my sister's. They're the ones who gave the most effort in making sure all the Christmas lights and decorations were laid out in time for the Paskuhan event.

After taking pictures from above, we went down for quick dinner. Then we went outside to meet some of my sister's friends. Then we split up, and I went around the UST campus. Unfortunately, I didn't bumped into any people I know while I was circling the compound.

<=============== Here's my last shot before we went back. I was on that small platform when I took the pictures. There's a spiral staircase that brings you to the top most platform. This is my first time to be there and probably my last.

Click here to view some of my selected shots.

Merry Christmas to All!

No comments: