Saturday, October 20, 2007

Laziness Always Pays Off Now

Yesterday, an explosion occured in Glorietta 2 instantly killing several people and injured several hundreds more. Earlier that day I was planning to have lunch at Yoshinoya, pay my credit card bill, then go to Park Square to buy some PC component.

An hour before lunch, Jasmine decided to have lunch with me instead of her officemates. Cheann also decided to join us for lunch, and tagged Erik along. Because Glorietta is to far from their office, we opted to have lunch near their office, World Topps.

The service at World Topps was unusually slow that time, we waited for more than 20 minutes before they served our orders. By the time we're done eating, it was way past 1PM.

I started walking towards Glorietta then Park Square to get the component. But then I got a bit lazy of the long walk (From PBCOM to Park Square) so decided to return to the condo instead. A few minutes later, I got a text message from Jas telling me not to proceed to Glorietta because there was an explosion.

A few minutes more, Rajah came. His hair was white due to the debris from the explosion. He was at the 3rd floor of Glorietta 2 when the explosion occurred. He's lucky he wasn't harmed.

I'm also lucky enough not to be there that time. I can't imagine what could have happened if I didn't have lunch with Jas, or the food came a few minutes earlier, or I didn't get lazy.

No comments: