Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Straight (Part 2)

Disclaimer: I have nothing against people who consider themselves homosexual or bisexual. And, I respect the right of a person to express himself in anyway that pleases him as long as it does not offend or violate the rights of others. Having said that, I would like to apologize in advance, if the content of this post offends anybody in anyway.

I do have my share of stories and encounters with people who are "different". This is part 2, because a few months back, I had an unusual "indirect" encounter with someone. I've decided not to put any details here since it would be inappropriate to do so. O:-)

I'm posting this because I had a rather awkward experience today. Not that I met someone. It's because I was mistaken to be one of them. T_T

It all began the moment I got a hold of that Pink Leather Shoulder Bag in Power Mac Center located in Greenbelt 3. I inspected it and asked the sales lady to get me new stock. The other sales ladies in the cashier had probably noticed me and started thinking that I was gay. When the sales lady returned, she brought a pink one and a black one. Then she offered me the black one. :-?

Then I thought, why the hell is she offering me the black one? As if bringing a black shoulder bag would assert manhood. From that point, I was pretty sure she was thinking that I'm gay.

So I told her that I'm giving it to a girl so I'm going to get the pink one, I also added that it's a gift. She looked surprise when I said that. Then proceeded to the payment section. But wait, there's more...

When the lady in the cashier started processing the item, she saw the bag and seemed to got disoriented. Probably because there is a pink bag on the counter with two guys standing in front of it. One of the guy, of course, is me. The other guy is a big guy who I thought was gay, because of the way he dressed, although he didn't really sounded like one.

So the sales lady told them that the item was mine and they seemed to be surprised too. I noticed that they were somewhat trying not to laugh but I can see their smiles. The sales lady then told them that it was gift for a girl. Then the sales lady at the counter asked me if it is really a gift for a girl. How many times do they have to ask? :-(

In the end, one of them commented that the girl who I will be giving the gift is lucky. One even blurted that she hope someone gives her something like an iPod Shuffle.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not angry with what happened, I actually find it rather amusing.

Before, it is normal to see a guy buying girl stuffs, since everybody knows he is going to give it to a girl. But now, when you see a guy checking out girl stuffs, more often than not, he is going to buy it for himself. Not to mention a group of "male" individuals checking out stuffs in the women section of a department store.

What I see is big change in the way people think about other people based on the circumstances that surrounds them. I don't have any idea when this actually began and how. Perhaps during Pinoy Big Brother Season 1 Celebrity Edition? or after some allegations thrown by that no good Lolit Solis?

One thing is for sure, their numbers are growing and there is probably nothing we could do about it. Whether it will be good or bad for the human race... we have yet to find out.

-------------------------------------------------------

Just a side thought, this might actually be the solution for our ever growing population in the Philippines and in the World. Natural birth control. >:)

3 comments:

donna marie said...

haha, you're the most un-gayest person I know.

people are weird.

iya said...

i agree with donna. but it's still so funny. sorry couldn't help but laugh. :P

jasmine said...

haha! wag mo sisihin si s_m ha =P i love the bag! thank you >:D< >:D< >:D<