Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things to Miss: Overtime, Overnight, Overload

I'm not really sure if anyone should miss these things. If not for the significant boost in my spending power during OT days, you really won't be able to appreciate whatever you're staying or doing for.

I remember a time when I had to render OT for a week. I was not able to see my sister even once. Whenever I got home, she's already sleeping, and when I leave for work, she's still sleeping. I was spending less than 8 hours at home, 3 hours traveling, and the rest working.

Those seemingly endless OT's have taken a lot from me, physically, mentally and emotionally. Aside from physical stress and fatigue, I'm often being scolded by my Dad for that.

In some extreme cases, we had to spend the night in the office. These are the times when we're a few days before our deadline. OT's are usually part of our regular schedule, we do OT's to be on schedule and overnights to meet deadlines. :(

In my case, I do overnights for other reasons, such as Network maintenance and support. I also stay in the office when its already too late and difficult to go home (past 11:00PM) and kind enough not to disturb Mang Jerry in his sleep. :P

Overload, like the other two, is not something unusual in our group. Mainly due to lack of man power and an unreasonable schedule.

But, what's really good about these 3 O's is the bond and friendship that we've built during these tough times. Having someone to support you in these difficult times makes everything lighter and easier.

No comments: