Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Soaked Wet

I woke up a bit late today because I was really tired from another series of overtime work. I left the house around 7:30AM hoping to catch the 8:20 trip.

But to my disappointment, the colorum van I was riding was caught in traffic even before it could reach Roxas Boulevard. So much for the 8:20 trip. I just hoped that I could still catch up with the last trip (8:45).

Again, to my disappointment, before we reach Makati, heavy rains started to pour. Which worsened the traffic conditions in the area. T_T

I arrived at my usual drop-off point (The Peninsula Manila) around 8:50 and it was really raining hard. My umbrella was pretty much useless in preventing my jeans from getting wet.

I've decided to get a cab near Starbucks instead of walking to the Fort Bus terminal.
Finally, I was able to reach the office in one piece. It's just that I'm soaked wet. T_T

The first thing I did was to change my clothes so I won't get sick. Good thing I kept a pair of shorts in my cabinet. Then, I left my shirt, jeans, and socks in the eating room to let them dry.

It was an awkward day. Having to wear shorts on a working day. Not to mention the lady slippers I borrowed from Harmy. I tried my best not to move around a lot. >.<


The black one is mine and I bought the green one for my younger sister...


And I'll be retiring my 5+ year old semi-automatic umbrella which has served my pretty well in the past few years...


29 days to go...

No comments: