Sunday, July 15, 2007

Realizations

The series of events last week had caused several commotions in my workplace. I anticipated most of it, and made it a point to condition myself not to give in to any negotiation attempts. Bottom line is, I told my bosses that I just don't agree with what had happened.

I don't really give a damn whoever screwed up. In both conversations, I assured my bosses that I'm not applying for a new job. Well, at least for the time being. Until I'm able to come up with a concrete plan of what I really want to do in the next 5 or 10 years.

It seemed like a wake up call for me. To realize that the are some things are never and will never be under your control. And that I just shouldn't rely on others to satisfy my career and personal goals.

In the past few months and weeks, even though I've not sent a single application to anyone. I've received several job invitations from different persons, teachers, classmates, relatives, and ex-officemates. All of them promises a better opportunity for me but I never took any of them seriously until after last week.

Looks like it's time to move on...

2 comments:

Knight said...

I still feel your resentment of the event and I have to say that I do admire your thoughts about staying still until you come up with a concrete plan of what you really want to do in the next 5 or 10 years. I hope you will do just that as it is so easy to act on our emotions. Think long term. I pity the company for waking you up. Hehehe.

donna marie said...

they will be sorry.