Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Crossroads

Stopping halfway is more difficult & tiring than progressing towards reaching the final goal.
I bought a fortune cookie during my afternoon break and got this message. I'm still wondering if I made a good choice of accepting the AOTS offer. That would mean being stuck here for another year and a half. But that would also mean another learning and growing experience for me.

What are my goals anyway? That's a question I've been asking myself these past few weeks. Recently, I've been accidentally meeting people who either wants me to work for them or wants to offer me a supposedly better job. I'm not trying to find a better job, I'm not even applying for another job.

Ultimately, I just want to become a better person than I am right now. And just like The Secret mentioned, you really wouldn't know and understand the "how", the universe will eventually reveal this for you as you go along. I hope they're right.

I'm just grateful for having these opportunities coming to me. I guess I just have to take a single step at a time until I reach my destination, whatever and wherever that is.

Now, I just have to re-write my plans for the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Knight said...

Unsolicited comment...

AOTS doesn't cut it for me because I can't really see myself making a living in Japan. That's why I took up nursing, I can see myself making bigger bucks in the US.

Bottom line will always be your goals. Write it down so you won't lose track of it. Me? I want financial independence, time with my family, the medical knowledge to take care of my family. That's why life is so bright for me these days. Everyday brings about a new experience of learning that is immediately applicable to my long term vision.

Leaving one's comfort zone is really tough and so is making a turn on the crossroad. What does make it is easier if you had a roadmap that tell's you it's time to turn right.

My PHP 0.92 (or USD 0.02)