Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another Night in the Office

It's been a while since the last time I spent the night in the office. Something I never really expected when I came in this morning.

We had a very long meeting about our project plan for this development phase. It took us almost an hour for each productivity and quality target for every phase of the project.

It wasn't as boring as I thought it would be. In fact, I was able to pick up a couple of new things during the course of our lengthy discussions. Besides from having the opportunity to be part of a deeper estimation process, I came to understand and appreciate more the efforts made by my past project leaders during the planning process of our projects.

It's really not as easy as it may seem. Sitting in a conference room for a total of 7 hours trying to foresee any possible problems the project might encounter and prepare contingency plans for them is never a simple task.

It was past 11PM when the meeting ended, so I have no other choice but to spend the rest of the night in the office. I figured I could do something while nobody is around.

Looks like the perfect time to start updating a very important "document".

No comments: