Sunday, August 17, 2008

Restoring My Left-Click

With help from some old friends, I was able to restore the left-click button of my mouse. Good thing that I kept some of my defective mice, which all suffered the same left-click problem.


When the symptoms started to manifest, I tried poking around the left-click mechanism, which ended getting destroyed by me. :P

I tried putting it back but I had no idea what it looked like before I punched a screwdriver into it. :D


Then I thought that I may be able to take a similar part from another mouse and replace the broken one. Luckily, both mice (A4Tech and Logitech) used similar parts for the click button.


So, I desoldered the right-click button (probably in better condition than the left-click) from the old A4Tech mouse and soldered it to my Logitech mouse.

Now, my mouse is back to its left-click-able state. :D

No comments: