Saturday, August 16, 2008

Floody Friday

The sudden and heavy down pour of rain late this afternoon caused a lot of trouble for commuters like me. I tried to avoid as much delay as possible by avoiding the seemingly never ending line of commuters in our *&^%$#@! MRT.

My first choice was to take the Baclaran-bound bus to get to LRT in Edsa-Taft station. When I reached the loading bay, there were a bunch of people standing and waiting in the "supposedly" restricted area. It was a bad sign.

I ended up walking towards Ayala Avenue (across Rustan's) to take a Buendia-bound bus. Normally, the buses would pick up passengers in the unloading area, but since it was still early and there were traffic enforcers in the unloading area, bus drivers didn't dare to stop.

I have no idea when those guys would leave so instead of waiting for them to leave, I went on to walk towards the official loading area, which happen to be 4 freaking blocks away!!! I don't get the whole point to separating the loading from the unloading area. It's been there for quite a long time and yet it has never resolved the congestion problem in Ayala Avenue.

After a few minutes, I reached the loading area and got inside an almost empty bus. Then, I spent the next hour or so seated inside the frustratingly slow moving vehicle before finally transferring to the shuttle service to Moriones.

The shuttle avoided the Buendia - Roxas Boulevard route and took the Taft - Intramuros route. We reached Juan Luna street in under an hour, however, I was faced with a terrible obstacle.

The streets were flooded, ankle-deep, I had no way of getting out of the van without getting my shoes, pants, and feet soaked in dark water. The inevitable happened.

It was frustrating, I decided not to take the jeep anymore and just walk home. I walked at least 7-9 blocks before finally reaching home. I tried to avoid the flooded areas as much as I could but in most areas, I had no choice but to dip while trying to avoid open manholes. At one point I was literally in the middle of the road, tailing some jeep or with another car tailing me.

====================

The best part of the day, however, was not the rain nor the flood. It was the time when I punched a stupid kid in the street after he made fun of me. Most of the time, people make fun of Chinese people like me by uttering some random phrases which basically makes fun of the Chinese language.

Normally, I would just ignore them, even though I really find it offensive and disrespectful, regardless if it was being done for fun.

This time it was different, the timing and the place was perfect, he never saw it coming, the stupid kid thought I'm gonna let him get away. He got what he deserved. Ha ha ha. After that I walked way and he continued his bullsh*t, I wanted to turn back and punch him harder, but my "kindness" prevailed.

He was lucky because it was a very weak punch. I only intended to scare him off. If I was serious enough, he probably might have bled or something. He he he.

Happy long weekend everyone! :)

No comments: