Friday, June 08, 2007

Too Good To Ignore...

Some people say that everything happens for a reason.
But how you would really know that reason?

I've contracted a herpes simplex virus last week.
For what reason? I really don't know.

Maybe it's a lesson for me...

Not to take my health for granted?
Not to eat in restaurants with reused utensils?
Not to use hotel towels?
Not to use public napkins?

Be more meticulous?
Be more careful?

Or maybe, just maybe...
It's a sign for me to quit my job.

While I was sitting in the waiting area of the
derma clinic, I noticed this big guy in a blue polo
and black slacks. He was standing in the middle
of the hospital corridor facing the opposite direction
and talking to someone in his mobile phone.

Yes, he looks cocky, like someone I knew few years ago.
He sounds as cocky as him as well.
The best part is... when he turned around...

He saw me and I saw him.
It's really him...

I was very surprised to see him.
Of all places, of all chances...
Why here? Why now?

So, what's with this guy?
He's one of my high school teachers.
But for me, he's not just a regular teacher.
He's someone that I would always look up to.

And he's still offering me the job
he has offered me 3 years ago.
That time, I told him that I would like to
practice my specialization first and I joined NSP.

During that encounter I felt a different kind of
adrenaline rush and excitement.
Is this the "sign" that I've been waiting for?

For the record it's not an IT job. It's totally different.
But I'm willing and interested.

As I told my friends before, if ever I would quit
my current company, I would no longer apply
for a similar job.

It seems that these events were laid out perfectly.
Too good to ignore... That's how I see it.

It's going to be a tough decision...
But it's no longer a question of "where".
It's just a question of "when".

No comments: