Saturday, April 19, 2008

Recent Acquisitions

After more than a month of anticipation, it's finally here... :)

I bought this from YesAsia last March 13, but the notice from the Makati Post Office only came last week, even though the package was already there since April 2. :|

And because the package stayed there for a while, I had to pay a storage fee of P35.00. I guess this is their way of generating "extra" revenues. :P

When I went there to pick up the package, the customs guy opened it and asked me how much did I pay for it. I told him around P1500. Probably, after realizing that he won't get that much money from it, he did not bother to charge me any additional fees. >:P

It's the latest album of BoA. I recently stopped getting the singles and just opted to wait for the album because most of the songs in her singles will also appear in her album. That's another addition to my collection. :) :) :)

Despair Stuffs

Speaking of delayed packages, Jasmine purchased some items from Despair, Inc. last December. And for some unknown reason, the 1st time the item was shipped, it was lost, or probably stolen by some custom official. After weeks of e-mail correspondence with Despair, they willingly re-shipped the items. It reached the post office last February 26, and the notice came mid of March. Jasmine almost gave up on it. :P

Here's the custom calendar from Despair. You can choose your preferred Demotivator for every month. You can even add custom holidays or special events.



The 2nd item is an ego t-shirt, for people with superiority complex. Although I don't consider myself being one, wearing something like this still looks pretty cool... and provocative... >:)



Finally, a must-read book for executives and a must-not-read book for employees, according to it's author... The Art of Demotivation. I'm reading this out of pure interest and not because I'm aspiring to be an executive. O:)



It's a pretty interesting and unorthodox book with a nifty camouflage cover, supposedly boring, so that regular employees would not be interested in discovering what's in it.



At first, I thought that it was a misprint, but the author explained it in the preface section of the book.







====================

P.S. Happy Birthday to President Erap... Wishing you more success in your political career. >:)

No comments: