Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cagayan de Oro Weekend (Day 3)

My 3rd and final installment of my CDO series. My flight was 7:40 in the morning so there was really nothing much to do.

Panic Mode

Reggie met me at the hotel around 5:30AM, we were supposed to leave for the airport, but the university service did not arrive as planned.

After minutes of wait, we started panicking because we have no idea where Mang Teddy is, and we have no way of contacting him except through Mam Christine. Although reluctant at first, we still contacted her, and she instructed Reggie to call the university.

Due to the delay, I was able to buy some pasalubong (4 boxes of Pastel) from the store just across the street.

Reggie learned from the university personnel that Mang Teddy was seen earlier but his current whereabouts is unknown.

Mang Teddy eventually came to bring us to the airport. We got to the airport in under 15 minutes with plenty of time for check-in. I bade farewell to Reggie and thanked him for his generous company during my short stay.

Boarding Time

While waiting for boarding, I also bought some souvenir shirts. One for me and another for my dad. Although they're more expensive, the quality and designs are not bad.

After I got the shirts, I noticed two guys taking turns in taking pictures with this woman. She was wearing shades so I thought she must be a TV personality of some sort. I wasn't sure if she was Bangs Garcia until I overheard a saleslady mentioning her name.

I'm not sure if the whole picture taking episode was just a ploy to attract people's attention, because it turned out that the two guys were actually with her. Anyhow, I don't remember seeing anybody else asking for a photograph so I guess they're plot failed.

I was thinking of asking a picture with her just because I wanted to see Jasmine's reaction. >:) In the end, I never had the courage to do so. :P

For those who are curious on how she looked like... from behind... just click the image... this was taken during our arrival in Manila... he he... >:P


Final Words

My Cagayan de Oro experience may have been really short, but it was indeed a memorable one. Thanks to the people that I've met and became friends with. And most importantly, for the free WiFi access all over town. :))

I'm looking forward to my next visit to the City of Golden Friendship.

2 comments:

jasmine said...

booo.. bangs >:P hehehe =P

vetz said...

eww bangs lang pala.. akala ko kung sino. haha! :))