Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sakya Alumni Homecoming - Part 1

After 7 years I finally had the chance to revisit the place where I have spent at least 13 years of life.

Last Sunday (January 13) was the 1st alumni homecoming since the day I graduated from high school.

In an effort to re-launch the alumni association after being dormant for quite a long time; Philip Go, from Batch 77, who happened to be one of the owners of Accel, thought that the idea of a homecoming event would be a great start.

I got there a little early because I was planning to spend some time checking out the school. I was greeted by a group of boy scouts who gave me a form to fill-up. After completing the form I went to the registration area to sign in the guest list.

The not-so-old-lady initially gave me the list for batch 2007 even though I asked for batch 2000. Either I really look that young or the graduates today look much older... He he... >:)

After I got my ticket and food stub, I went to meet Sir Harry, who was the scouting movement head when I was still an active boy scout. Not much to talk about so I left quickly. :?

Before I went upstairs I saw the organization chart of the school which includes the faculty. I was surprised to see that a lot of my teachers have already left. Only a few loyal and dedicated teachers were left. :(

I toured the 3rd and 4th floors of the building, where I spent my elementary and high school days respectively. Watching the classrooms instantly reminded me of my younger years, a lot of memories, and mostly good ones, nostalgic indeed. T_T

Nothing really much has changed except the noticeable drop in the number of chairs. I already heard before that the school is in some situation but to be there and actually see it made me feel a bit sad and somehow wanting to do something for my school. After all, the school is undeniably a part of who I am and I also owe my successes today to my alma mater.

This post is getting a bit long so I'm going to stop here for now and continue my story in the next post.

No comments: