Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flossing Diligently

I went to the dentist this afternoon to have my teeth patched up. Last week I had them cleaned and the dentist discovered some signs of decay in one of the Maxillary First Premolar and both of the Maxillary Central Incisors. On that same day, she patched the former with the usual amalgam filling and told me to return in a different day for my front teeth.

Since the cavity is situated between the front teeth, she had to use a different filling (white-colored) to patch it. The procedure was also different. She had to use a device, similar to a hair dryer. It took longer than the regular procedure too.

At first, I thought she is going to drill from the front area of my teeth. I was relieved to learn that she can drill from the back instead. Whew!

While she was working on my teeth, I had a recollection of a dream last year, wherein one of my front teeth was extracted. That was weird. :S

Anyhow, after the session, my dentist reminded me, again, for the 3rd time, to use dental floss regularly. Looks like I really have to floss diligently from now on. Otherwise, I'm going to lose them all. >.<

No comments: