Saturday, September 01, 2007

Desperation: Part 1

My dad woke me up this morning and told me to go with my uncle and cousin to Greenhills to buy some PC and PS2 games. They came from Taiwan a couple of days ago to fix some immigration papers.

My uncle has been living there for more than 25 years now. He works as an E.R. surgeon there and spends most of his free time playing PC games and some forms of light hacking. He wanted to go to Greenhills to buy some pirated softwares he could bring back to Taiwan. I was a bit hesitant because I've hadn't bought any pirated stuff for quite a while now.

I didn't want to start a word war with my dad so I canceled my personal appointment for the day and agreed to go. Besides, I knew that Jas will understand my situation. It has been more than 7 years since I last saw my cousin. He has grown taller than me now even though I'm a couple of years older than him.

We took a jeep to Divisoria and another jeep to Cubao. My uncle decided to stop at Morayta first before proceeding to Greenhills. We checked out several shops and bought a bunch of pirated CD's and DVD's.

After almost 2 hours of plowing through several catalogs of pirated softwares, we proceeded to Ever Gotesco. I've never been there before. He used to hang out there during his college days. Next stop was National Bookstore, we spend around half an hour there after finally deciding to get something too eat. :S

We went to Jollibee (Ever Gotesco) and got ourselves a Chickenjoy bucket treat (6 pieces of Chickenjoy, 3 rice, 3 spaghetti, 3 soft drink), 3 sundaes and 1 taco overload. I can't remember the last time I got myself really full. :O

While eating, my uncle started a conversation about my relationship....

To be continued...

1 comment:

Knight said...

Here we go...

Dude, we're always here for you. That may not be a lot of consolation or help but it is a fact. I await Part 2.