Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year (2008) End Post

I spent the last few weeks of the year cleaning common areas of the house, removing cat/rat/roach droppings from the dirtiest corners of the house, dismantling 40-50 year old furnitures, disposing 30-40 year old garbage, and patching the holes in the ceilings in preparation for this day.

I already used up 10+ rolls of 33 meter duct tapes since November, in my effort to cover every crack and hole in our ceiling, and minimize the dust fall when firecrackers begins exploding today.

Because of that, I didn't have much time to prepare/think for this post. Indeed, time goes by pretty fast. :P

2008, for me, was really about "regaining my time". For the past few years, a great deal of my time was taken up by work, business trips, and overtime. This year was different.

I was able to spend more time at home with my family, with my sisters in particular. I had the chance to work, shop, and play with them as well. Some credit goes to my Nintendo Wii and DS Lite. :)

I was able to make some major and minor home repairs and improvements. Like replacing floor tiles, replacing old fluorescent lamps with compact fluorescents, covering tables with vinyl stickers, any many more. :)

My gaming skills were also restored and improved because of the Wii, thanks to my flexible work schedule, I inserted short Wii sessions in between work. >:)

The work from home setup also allowed me to attend tours, events and gatherings with friends without having to worry too much about schedule and location.

And the most important is the time I spent with Jasmine. :)

==========

2008 has been a really good year for me. I got to see a lot of people, acquired some cool toys and gadgets, learned some new stuffs, got my impacted wisdom tooth removed, visited some very nice places, attended weddings and parties, spent a lot but saved a lot as well.

2009 is probably going to be a tough year for me, as the effects of the Global Financial Crisis finally sets in. I'm keeping a positive outlook as we enter another uncertain year, but I must and I will prepare for the worst. :)

Happy New Year! :)

P.S. This post is not possible without Globe GPRS Services. Because some smart guy aimed a firecracker at the power line which effectively killed electricity in the whole block. (at around 12:01AM)

I sincerely hope/wish/pray/curse that the guy blows all his fingers off before this day ends.

2 comments:

iya said...

happy new year, kuya frank :D

jasmine said...

happy new year >:D<