Tuesday, December 30, 2008

4 Months Ago

Here's (finally) the second part of my Wedding and Reunion series.

To continue where I left off last time, we spent about an hour in Starbucks, talking mostly about work, future plans, and a bunch of Anime stuffs. Yes, we're the "geeks" of our batch. :P

The reception was held in Gloria Maris, Greenhills. We left Starbucks, Binondo just about 20 minutes before the "scheduled" time of reception, but managed to get there before the program started. We're late, but they're delayed. >:)

Ellyson did not join us because he had to stay home to look after his dad who just had surgery. We shared a table with our high school batchmates, the "populars", just like last year, during Kate's wedding.

There were 2 more tables for our batch, one was occupied by the "regulars", and the other was occupied by the "bullies". I'm using these general "labels" for discussion purposes only. My assesments are largely based from my experiences during our high school years. For some, there are only 2 classifications, "ang nangongopya" (copier), and "ang kinokopyahan" (copyee).

The event was generally fun, it was really nice to see and hear from them again after a fairly long period of time. Too bad these kinds of events are not well suitable for "catch up sessions" with old friends. Good thing that I'm not attached to most of my high school friends so there's not much to catch up. High school must have been boring for me. >:)

What's significant about this event is that, it was the first time I had wine (from grapes, not rice). At first, I refused to take it when my classmates coerced me to. They tried several times and failed repeatedly. The one who actually made me decide to take it was Noric, Nerissa's brother. He was our math/computer teacher. He was one of the reasons why I pursued Computer Science. He's also the one who offered me a position in Rebisco last year. :)

I'm not really the alcoholic type, but I guess I really had to make some exceptions. :P

Before the eating event ended, I got a chance to talk some classmates, who seemed to be quite interested or intrigued with my personal life, something new for someone like me. One offered to give me a ride back home but I told them I'm with Glenn and Magan.

After having our picture taken with Nerissa and Simson, we exchanged goodbyes and went home. I had to thank Glenn for generously giving us ride back home. :)

Until the next wedding event... :D

P.S. I guess Kim is next... He he...

No comments: