Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wedding and Reunion - Part 1

On September 7, I attended a wedding of two high school classmates, Nerissa and Simson.

The only time I get to see my high school classmates is during occasions like this. Last time I saw most them was way back June of last year (2007), during Kate's wedding. :P

The wedding ceremony was held at San Sebastian Church, Quiapo Manila. I was supposed to meet Magan and Ellyson in Tutuban but I had to leave them behind because I didn't want to keep my uncle waiting too long. I tried contacting them but I never got through, because of the 6-hour service downtime of Globe. :(

We arrived at the church at around 3:45. My uncle offered to wait for me and take me to the reception at Greenhills but I declined. I told them most of my friends have cars so I'll just tag along with somebody. >:)

I joined the guys (Sze Tin, Lawrence, Jeremy, Jason, Aldrich, Edwin) who were waiting in the parking area. We chatted for a while, mostly about our current jobs and salaries. Although for my case, Sze Tin have already announced my salary to almost everyone, which is quite annoying. o_O

A few moments later, another group of guys came. It was Jason's Gang, the other Jason, we have two Jason's in our batch. His gang includes Ryan, Genedale, Michael Manlavi, and another guy from the lower batch. If the first group was the job/salary-oriented guys, these guys are the vice-oriented people, credited to their habits of drinking and smoking. :P

Magan and Ellyson eventually arrived. Glenn also got there before the ceremony started. We chatted for a while before we went inside the church. Most of us stayed in the last row. The girls of the batch were seated a few rows in front of us. Kim (w/ BF), Kate (w/ Husband), Abi (Single), and Jacq (Unknown) was there. Aisha (w/ BF) also followed.

Gilbert and Jerry were also there although I couldn't remember when they arrived.

After the mass ended, we spent a few more minutes chatting and taking group pictures inside the church. Then waited outside for the newly wedded couple to come out.

Instead of going to Gloria Maris right away, we (Magan, Ellyson, and Glenn) decided to hang out in Starbucks Binondo first.

To be continued...

No comments: