Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Most Annoying Person

I met this person during my 2nd visit on BIR Manila. She was next to me in the line for the payment. I was number 40 and the line was moving very slow. It was one of the worst moments of my life.

I'm estimating that she's in her late thirties. Still single, and probably for the rest of her life, unless she finds a nice deaf guy. As you would have guessed, she's extremely talkative and intrusive.

====================

There was another young lady who was next to her and she became her first victim. It was supposed to be me but since there were few seats left, I gave them my seat and decided to stand.

Just a few minutes after she got the seat, she started talking about what happened to her earlier. That she had left home really early but got delayed by an hour because the jeepney that she rode had to stop at every corner for a long time. She repeated her story for at least 5 times to different people in the line.

After she throws her "tragic" story, she begins asking questions to the victim. Where's the victim living and working, what's the line of business, what's his business with BIR, among other things.

In the middle of the questions, she attempts to insert her own personal experiences with whatever business or topic which might be brought up. She tries to make herself look knowledgeable in these things.

====================

She turned to me when she realized that the young lady has no interest in her stories. That's when my misery started. She began asking my line of work, forcing me to explain Programming, Artificial Intelligence and the Stock Market, which is quite pointless because she admitted she has zero knowledge with computers. o_O

Anyhow, I managed to stop her further attempts for intellectual discussion. But she was insistent, she turned her attention to my registration documents, asking if I have all the requirements. I told her I already have the DTI permit. She told me I still have to get a mayor's permit, and that she knew someone in the city hall, and that she knew a lot of people in some government agencies, etc, etc. :|

I did my best to ignore her while making her think I'm not. >:P

====================

She mentioned that she's a member of some "charismatic" Christian fellowship group, but it seems that her words and actions doesn't support it. She kept on cursing the Landbank security guard for being rude and impolite, she even made fun of the unevenness of the eyes of the security guard. After finish her corn, she just threw it on the floor, and even reasoned that there are no trash cans around. And, she hates cats. I love cats, so there's no way we're going to get along.

Her third victim was an old man, in his seventies, perhaps. She went as far as asking the old man to buy her some snacks. Just because she learned that the old man had saved enough money to build a 10-storey building.

====================

I didn't want to waste my time doing nothing or listening to her so I decided to read the book that I brought with me. I haven't even completed a page when she started talking to me again, asking what's the title of the book, if I also read novels, etc, etc. Dammit!

Eventually, she got tired talking to me and to the others. She put on her shades and took a nap. It was nearing lunch time. I was getting worried that if we don't get called before the cut-off, she might asked me to have lunch with her. :-S

====================

The best part was the moment she got her turn at the cashier. She only brought 2 copies of the BIR form, while the requirement is 3 copies. Alleluia!!! The cashier won't process her documents unless she has 3 copies. She had no choice but to get a third copy somewhere. >:)

That was the end of our misery, and it was a happy ending. The old man even tells me to get to the cashier immediately, he's probably satisfied with what happened. I never saw her again. Hopefully, I won't, ever again.

P.S. The most unforgivable thing that she told me is that I look like Patrick Garcia. :|

1 comment:

vetz said...

hahaha! patrick garcia.. woot! sikat! :D