Monday, February 25, 2008

The Suicide Note

When I opened my Gmail inbox this morning, I was surprised to see this particular e-mail, which I felt is to be some form of suicide note, or e-mail to be exact.

Here’s what he wrote:

“to all my fellow alumni this maybe a little bit out of topic but i feel more confortable hearing from yo b4 i should decide to end my life ever since i was young i struggled to by the best among my classmates and somehow as time rolls by i have gain enough knowlege but kept it on to myself but with all the sucess i have the only thing i cant conquer is love....no one knows what accomplishments i have made coz i never wanted to boast it now i'm stuck between something i dont want to be.i came from a broken family since then i vowed not to be like it but now im stuck between 2 women whom i both love. if anyone could see this help me but if not when i die hope god would forgive me. i guess theres a price in every sucess.bye my fellow sakyans i will always be one like you all”

I didn’t know what to think after reading it. This is the first time that I’ve received a suicide note through e-mail. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen or received a suicide note in any form. This e-mail was not personally addressed to me. It was sent to one of the Yahoo! Groups that I was a member of.

I couldn’t help but notice some spelling and grammatical errors in the note. But I guess if someone were planning to kill himself, he wouldn’t bother to proof read his suicide note.

Looking at it from a different angle, this message might have actually been sent via SMS as well. That would explain the use of shortcuts “b4” and “coz”.

I also tried searching for his Friendster profile, and the only information I got was his first name and his age.

Anyhow, being a concerned individual, I did my best to respond to the message. I sent my response directly to him. There were 2 other mailing list members who replied to the mailing list.

Until this moment, we haven’t heard anything from him yet.

No comments: