Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Blast from the Past... Part 2: The Traveler

The perks of joining school competitions...
Exam exemptions, free periods, bonus grades,
cash prizes, medals, trophies, recognition,
pride and glory...
But above all these...

Is the opportunity to meet different people,
and visit new places.
Schools, towns, government offices, studios,
and even foreign countries.

Chiang Kai Shek College,
St. Stephen's High School,
Hope Christian High School,
Philippine Cultural High School,
Grace Christian High School,
Paco Catholic School,
De La Salle Greenhills,
Quezon City Science High School,
South Ridge School,
Adamson University,
Ateneo de Manila University,
University of the Philippines,
University of Santo Tomas

were just among the schools which I
remembered going to, when I was still in school.

It's just too bad that I didn't own
a camera back then...

I also had a few overseas trips, 2 to be exact...

The most special trip...
was the trip to Seoul, South Korea.
Where I had experienced a lot of first's.

My 1st airplane ride...

My 1st time on foreign soil...

My 1st time to see and feel real snow...

My 1st time to stay on a hotel...

My 1st International Competition, Taiwan being the 2nd...


My 1st time in an amusement park...

And I still have the Lotte World guide book with me...

My 1st bus ride...
My 1st boat ride...
My 1st kimchi...
My 1st Reebok napsack...
My 1st Log Jam type ride...

My 1st PC Software (Sinbad in the Lost Land)...

It was a indeed short stay but it sure created some good memories...
Someday, I might visit Korea again... :)

P.S.
While scanning my old photos...
I found a rather funny one...

The irony of all... :P

No comments: