Friday, April 06, 2007

A Blast from the Past... Part 1: The Student

At last, I got a break from all the stressful events
these past few months had given me...

Hey, it's lent season...
A perfect time to step back a little, relax a little,
Reflect on the different aspects of my life...

I've decided not go out for a while.
Just stay home, and recharge my spirit.

For many, this is a perfect time for taking an
out-of-town vacation. As much as I wanted to
go on a nature-trip, I really don't think I would
enjoy it, specially in my current state of mind.

I don't think anybody would every understand...
But who cares... it's not a big deal anyway.

So what's keeping me busy these days...
Aside from cleaning up...

I've started scanning different memoriabilias,
things that I've collected and kept for while...
probably 10 years old or even older...

Things which, once had become part of my life,
things which people normally doesn't keep.

The following images would give you an idea
of my past, my life, my high school life...

------------------------------------------------

Yes, we went there for a field trip...
Without even aware that the place was
just a fund raising campaign of Fidel V. Ramos
for the next national elections...
For the record, he did stole tax payers' money.

Can you still remember the 1st movie that you've ever watched?
Well, I do... I still have the ticket with me...
Yes, I was in 2nd year... :P

What the do you know...
I was part of the Scouting movement.

And had went to Los Baños for camping...

Even received recognition for being an SPL...
I just hoped that I was really "outstanding" that time.
Sometimes, I wish I could go back...

As class president, I was in-charge of cleanliness
of the classroom. We were able to bag some awards
for being the cleanest room... :)

This, I could not remember.
When or why it was given to me, I could not know.
One thing is for sure... The message is timeless.

I became part of several inter-school competitions as well..
This one was from Ateneo de Manila University...

This one was from De La Salle University...

This one, from Chiang Kai Shek...

This one, from St. Stephen's High School...
Seems that I had a boring life in High School, huh?

Yes, as you might have figured out...
I never really had a social life that time...
But I still managed to receive a couple of holiday greeting cards...

Not bad huh?

My invitation for the Junior-Senior Prom...
Nothing memorable actually...
But I do remember leaving and going home early...
I never had a chance to dance with anyone as well...
Such a loser... :P

Then came Senior's Ball...
This time, I was able dance with my high school crush...
Nothing special actually happened, and that was the end of it...
Still a loser... :P

Finally, to close this blog entry...
An anonymous thank you message from a high school classmate...
Don't know when, don't know why, don't know who...


More posts to come...
How I wish I had a faster Internet connection at home... :|

1 comment:

WS said...

すごいね。。。
じゃ また 火曜日 ? :D