Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Save and Exit?

Been thinking about this lately...
I'm already "starting" to think of quitting my job,
before it finally consumes the remaining sanity in me.

I know that I'm being selfish to think this way...
but I would be stupid if I even allow things to continue,
and not being so happy about it.

It's not about the money, nor the position and...
not even the recognition nor opportunities.
It's not about the management and the people
that I'm working with.
It's not about the daily stress and pressure
that I'm receiving.

It's something that I myself can't explain,
because I just don't understand...
A part of me wants to stay despite of the
monotonous nature of my job.
And a part of me screams for difference, for change.

It's not that I can't see the positive things in this job.
In fact I do, not all people are given same opportunities
like me. That's why I really value this job.

But recently, it seems that I just lost all my motivations
to continue...

Tomorrow, I will be going to Baguio with my sisters
for a 3-day vacation.
Last monday, I was planning not to go with them anymore,
but if I don't it would probably be a suicide for me.

Hopefully, I will be able to regain some of my lost energy
in the next few days, even though I'm still going to work
during the vacation.

I don't like hurting people in any way,
So if in anyway I did hurt anybody in this post,
I'm apologizing in advance.

This is not about other people...
It's probably just me...

3 comments:

Renan said...

Well if it helps any, everybody will feel the way you do now at some point in their working lives. Working nonstop will eventually sap the living daylights out of anybody ... so it's perfectly normal. I'm sure you've thought of it ... but anyway, try to do things differently. Spice it up a little. Try opening a can of whoop-ass on your Jap bosses. ;)

And whatever you decide in the end, we'll be there to support you. :)

WS said...

I haven't been in the work force that long but I kinda see that you are getting swamped. I'm not particularly sure on how I can help, but I just want you to know that even if we just got close during the times when we were at Cebu, I'm here if you need some non-computer related conversation in the office :)
*hugs* po. :) I feel the pressure of it, but I know its nothing compared yours...
tara DOTA ^__^

~dowadee~ said...

hiyee!just read this post so bka nman ur not feeling this anymore but then again let me tell u that it's part of our corporate life so to speak. weird thing about it is that sometimes u don't have to have a reason for it but it doesn't mean what ur feeling isn't real. try out something refreshing or out of the ordinary for a change bka kse burnout lng sayang naman to make decisions u'll regret later. =)