Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Offline

My 2nd attempt to pay my taxes this week failed miserably. Yesterday, the line outside the bank almost reached the end of the block so I decided not to even try.

This morning, I was there before the bank opened, and was 6th or 7th. The bank opened at 8:30AM. When I got to 1-person away from the teller, the unexpected happened.

Their dial-up connection failed. It was 8:55AM. I waited.

And after almost 4 hours, I've finished the book (The Last Samurai), I've learned some new stuffs from Linux Magazine, and they still haven't restored their line yet.

I finally gave up and just headed back home for lunch. Tomorrow morning, I'll be back again (3rd time this week) in Land Line Bank of the Philippines for another "uncertain" banking experience.

2 comments:

m9dhatter said...

Awww... No pics this time?

neni said...

hmmn...so I guess this isn't a good time to tell you how we file/pay our taxes here? *cough... cough... less than 5minutes online... cough... cough...* hehehe... *evil grin* :P
pish!