Sunday, September 14, 2008

Identity Mix Up

Precious from World Vision contacted me a few days ago telling me that Danny Dy, which they thought was my father, told them to contact me about his sponsor child.

I was surprised to hear that. Knowing that helping a charity organization would be the last thing my dad would ever do. I talked to her some more, and she asked a few questions on her end too. Later, we realized that we're talking about two different persons.

The other Danny Dy, works in Petron Megaplaza, and has been a sponsor since 2001. They probably assumed that we're related when they called here before and my dad gave his name. My dad's real name is Danilo Chua, but for some unknown reason, he uses Danny Dy most of the time.

So, when they updated their records (presumably), they called Danny Dy (my dad) again asking about his supposed sponsorship. In which my dad, responded immediately by telling them to ask me instead, without really clarifying it. Which finally ended up as the reason for this blog entry.

Precious apologized for the confusion and also thanked me for my continued support to their organization. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. wow frank.. philanthropist ka na pala! :-)