Sunday, February 18, 2007

Stress...

... is in the mind of the beholder...

Just came from a Stress Management Seminar
last Feb 16 and 17. It was indeed a learning
experience for me and my officemates.

I finally realized that...
It's about time that I take control of my life,
at home and even at work!

By the way, here's my long and a bit overdue
plans and targets for 2007...

1. JLPT Level 2
I almost destroyed my hopes for getting
this by accepting an offer for a 2-year stay
in Japan. This time I'm gonna make sure
I'm taking the exam this year and in the
Philippines... :)

2. Read more
Pocket books, tech books, magazines, etc...
Hopefully I will be able to keep the habit
of reading during lunch time, before sleeping
and during travel... :)

3. Get more certifications
PhilNITS SW, LPIC, Brainbench Certifications.
Hopefully I'll be able to try the PhilNITS SW exam
this year, though I'm not hoping to pass right away.
I just want to be familiar with the questions.

LPIC, I really want this, but it seems that I'm
having problems preparing and even deciding when
to take the exam, though I already have set aside
money for this.

Brainbench, I started taking some free exams
late last year, hopefully I'll be able to take the
real ones this year. Here's my Brainbench
Transcript ID: 6225436.
Honestly though, I'm not so comfortable w/
Brainbench because I was able to pass the
C# exam without any experience on the language.

4. Spend more wisely
Minimize my online purchases and save, save, save
more. Which probably means, I won't be planning
on getting a DSL connection in the early half of this year.
I also want to be familiar with financial planning and all
the banking and investments stuffs so I can manage
my money better.

5. Play more, sweat more
Badminton! Badminton! Badminton!
I'm going to do some experiments w/ Badminton... :)
Hopefully I'll be able to be good at this sport.

2007... My theme for this year...

"Self Preservation"

3 comments:

メッツ said...

hehe. galingan mo sa sw, frank-sama! :D :P

Unknown said...

wah, nihongo wakaru? すごい! がんばれ!
u know what that means. :p

Remington's Biblical Corner said...

Hey thnaks sa pag visit, ur site is great, its like u telling me personally wat happend in ur life parang diary. hehehe hope we could learn a lot from each other.