Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An Expensive Month

I made two major purchases last April, one at the beginning of the month, and the other towards the end. Including the amount of taxes that I've paid, I almost hit the 6-digit mark... ouch!!!

Meet my DS LiteMisato, named after the character in Neon Genesis Evangelion. It came with a very nice leather case and a bundled game, Brain Age 2. After a week, I bought Cooking Mama from Data Blitz, the same place where I bought my DS Lite.

I was planning to get a Wii but opted for a DS for several reasons. It's cheaper. It's safer, since it does not require major bodily movements which might cause the collapse of our house. It's compact and portable. And finally, because I wanted to play Super Robot Wars W.

I still wanted to finish the previous editions of SRW(A, R, D, J, OG1, OG2) in GBA though, before I get a copy of SRW W. So until then, I'm letting my sisters enjoy playing with Misato.

My other major item would be my new camera. It's a Canon S5 IS, which I got for a very very "tempting" price of P13K++. While on the Laguna trip with sir Melvin, Gloi called me up and asked if I wanted it. And after a careful deliberation (30+ seconds), I said yes. Then, after 2 weeks of waiting, Gloi finally arrived with it. Thanks again Gloi.. :)

I named my new camera Kaworu, who's also a character from NGE. Yeah, he's the controversial character from the Manga/Anime, which started endless debates on his sexuality, and tainted Shinji's as well, unfortunately... :(

Putting those not so important issues aside, I chose Kaworu because he's the 5th child. Asuka was the 2nd. Asuka, S2 IS and Kaworu, S5 IS. That should make a little sense now... :P

OK... now I'm feeling a little weird giving names to inanimate objects... ^_^

Anyhow, I should be minimizing my expenses in May in order to make up with the April expenses... O:)

1 comment:

vetz said...

huwaw. original games for your DS. expensive! haha :D